my life be like.

So.... hey. It's been a while. This is long ps. But totally worth it.
My life is extremely boring right now. I work. I go to school. I eat sometimes. I sleep for a little bit. And that is my life. All semester. I'm exciting, I know.

I just really felt like blogging today. And considering the fact that I have nothing going on in my life right now, I've decided to venture into the past and tell quite an exciting story.

And so it begins...

Once upon a time, it was Labor Day 2012. Every year my family and I go to the Blackfoot Fair for Labor Day for the horse races but this year our plans fell through. I still wanted to go. So I sent a little text out and asked if anyone would be interested in joining me for the Blackfoot festivities. Most people weren't in Logan, a few had to do homework, and others just didn't respond (I'm cool, I know). BUT 3 lucky lucky girls texted me back and said they would love to go! These lucky girls were Alli, Brikelle, and Kellianne. Three of the most random girls. Random in the fact that none of them knew each other. They were three friends from completely different friend groups of mine. So Labor Day morning I'm getting all ready to go and my boss texts me and tells me I have to work that afternoon. I was LIVID. I texted every person I work with trying to get it covered. The time was quickly approaching that we had planned to leave at and I had lost all hope in getting my shift covered so I texted those girls and told them I would be unable to go to the fair and that my heart was shattered.

AND THEN.

Not ten minutes later I miraculously received a text from one of my co-workers and I GOT MY SHIFT COVERED. Hallelujah. I then texted the girls and told them we were back on. Fifteen minutes later, we were on the road. Introductions went around and then we just talked the whole drive there :) Upon our arrival in Blackfoot, we were starving. We decided to eat at Taco Time.


After eating, we all felt.... DISGUSTING. That Taco Time did a number on our stomachs. We then traveled down the road and saw about a billion people and cars (exaggerated). We were like, "parking is going to SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK." But lo and behold there was a parking spot right by an entrance to the fair. We done did take that spot in the blink of an eye. We said to ourselves "today is gonna be a good day."
After standing in a fairly short line, we got up to the front and there were 5 signs surrounding the ticket window.

Yes, you read it correctly. The horse races were CANCELLED. (Yes they spelled cancelled wrong). We were devastated. Devastated. So we stepped aside and held a meeting deciding whether we should stay or go find something else to do in Idaho (unlikely, I mean come on, it's Idaho). We finally decided to go in and see what else was in the fair. In the fair, we walked through the farmer's market and then we walked through this barn with a ton of animals in it.



After the animals we walked through the RVs. They were ginormous. After the RVs we saw a shark encounter. Yes, a shark encounter. In Blackfoot, Idaho. So we got there a half an hour before the next show and we sat down to wait. The fair was BOOOOOORING. In my mind I'm thinking, wow what a waste of money, time, and effort. I felt terrible telling these girls it would be fun and it wasn't at all. While sitting at the shark encounter I decided to google things to do in Idaho to see if there was anything else to do. I chose the first website and it just listed things like golfing or hiking. At the bottom of the list it said skydiving in Caldwell, Idaho. We had no idea where that was so we called the number as a joke and it happened to be four hours from Blackfoot. So we just started joking about how funny it would be if we went skydiving. As a joke I looked up the number to the skydiving place in Ogden and called. While I was on the phone, we were all like... what if we did go skydiving? The Ogden place answered and said they had a free spot at 4:30pm that day. It was 2pm when we called. We would be cutting it very close but we put our names down and booked it out of the fair! Running to the car, we were dying about how we drove clear to Idaho to decide to go skydiving. We thought it was the best story ever.
 Those were our faces. So we drove. and drove. and drove. While we were driving, we were laughing about how spontaneous we were being. I mean we were not prepared to go skydiving at all. I personally have no money to spend. Brikelle was in cowboy boots. Alli was in a skirt. Kellianne decided not to go (bless her heart) because her and her boyfriend wanted to go together.

And we slept. a little. We had to prep ourselves.

And we arrived!!! This is us signing our lives away. I couldn't believe I was actually there. It's been a dream of mine to go skydiving!

We were all shaking. And laughing. For no reason.

This was about the time Alli started freaking out.

We were nervous. Yes it looks like I peed my pants. I promise I didn't.

Kellianne stayed and played photographer for us.

I repped the zebra stripes well I thought.

She was really nervous. But excited. But still nervous.

Brikelle was lovin' erry second.

FREAKING OUT.

Thuggin. Always.

Ready as ever. Cone heads.

This was when I realized what I was actually doing.



 LANDING.
We went SKYYYYYYYYY DIVIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best day of my life. Most spontaneous, random, exhilarating day ever.

Worth every penny.






ooooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhh.

Comments

  1. You are the cutest! I love you. And I want to come sky-diving next time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

myhandsareparalyzed.

Nervousnessness to its highest degree. oh boy.

Adventures is Out There: England Style Part I.